Monday 20 September 2010

A Very Fashionable Final Farewell






A memorial service was held today at St Paul's Cathedral in London to commemorate the life of Alexander McQueen following his suicide seven months ago; which included, amongst other things Bjork dressed as a McQueen Angel and performing Billie Holiday's Gloomy Sunday.




I had read in one article that she was wearing a silver helmet, which I'm disappointed not to see.

I know that some people view the funerals of the famous as ostentatious or vulgar or even disrespectful in their theatricality, but I disagree, as long as they are fitting to the character of the deceased I think, that in a society becoming increasing informal and often down right slobbish making 'a great big effort' should be encouraged.



Sarah Jessica Parker, with what looks like the ghost of 'Sarah Jessica Parker Past' sneaking up the steps behind her.



Anna (Nuclear) Wintour looking as terrifying chic as ever and Hilary Alexander in what looks like a marvellous tulle hat.


And of course finally my favourite; good old Daphers!




I thought she rather underplayed it today, given what she wore to the actual funeral in February.







Ahh well, see you Daphers and a final farewell to Lee:









BB xx


   


No comments:

Post a Comment