Wednesday 1 September 2010

How to accessorise crutches


Day 6 in the postoperative House and I've been invited to a gig in Camden this Sunday, to which sadly I will not be going, due to being somewhat incapacitated, on crutches and very tender of hip. I'm still a bit cautious about anybody coming near me; mind you with the amount of Tylex and Tramadol currently in my possession I would probably have cleaned up.

However it did lead me to ponder what would I have worn? How do you 'rock' a pair of crutches?






I don't know that just seems a little bit over the top and perhaps a bit chilly for a British Autumn, however (in the words of Jessica and Heather) may I just say, well played Emily Blunt!




Some of you may remember an episode of Sex and the City, in which Jennifer Coolidge played the part of a slightly unstable lady who had decided to get in touch with her creative side and throw a 'Purse Party'........



Well apparently you can do that to crutches too......



I feel at this point that I shouldn't be mean, as (fingers crossed) I only need my crutches temporarily and that we all take our mobility for granted blah, blah, blah, but DEAR GOD MY EYES ARE BURNING!

These little beauties are called Glam Sticks; which is odd because in my opinion there is only one Glam Stick and it looks like this:







Ballet Bitch xx





3 comments:

  1. At least put some of the more up to date pictures of my GlamSticks up instead of the early trial models!! No offence taken, at least they sparked your interest.
    Hope you get better soon x Debbie (creator of GlamSticks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    Thank you for being such a good sport and being kind enough to wish me well! Good luck to you and your business; I wish you every success.

    BB xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! How's the recovery?
    x

    ReplyDelete