Sunday 12 September 2010

Dancing and the Devil

I watched the Strictly Come Dancing launch programme last night, really with the sole purpose of watching Anton de Beke being paired with Ann Widdecombe. I know it was supposed to all be a surprise, but the entire nation knew that it was going happen; not only does Anton often get the, shall we say, not naturally gifted dancers, but after he severely blotted his copybook last year, it was inevitable there would be some serious penance to be paid.

As Len Goodman observed last night "It's never too early to start panicking"




However I would like to congratulate Miss Widdecombe on the decision to embrace her natural hair colour I think her silver locks are very flattering and rather chic.

Can I also just say how bloomin' fantastic does Felicity Kendal look:




Barbara Good finally got her 'Posh Frock'!

Following on from 'Strictly' I tuned in to Film 4 (being on crutches slightly limits one's options for a Saturday night!) to watch 'Bedazzled'; yes the critically acclaimed 2000 remake with Brendan Fraser and Liz Hurley.

Now I know that this film (based on the Pete and Dud 1967 movie of the same name) was not universally well received, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it before and was pleased to see it on offer for my viewing pleasure last night. I like a bit of pseudo psychology "Ohhh, be careful what you wish for", I think Brendan Fraser is always watchable and most importantly of all I love Liz Hurley's wardrobe in this film.

Behold:



Low cut sequin gown with a platinum crown of thorns.




Floor length strappy gown, slit to the thigh, sky scraper patent mules and a bejewelled alice band (check, check, check, standard Hurley issue- not suitable for civilians) if not Versace, than definitely in the style of.




And my favourite:  Red Fendi Coat, with red leather Fendi Handbag ( sadly not in shot)


Now for a little bit of fashion history,this is a picture of the coat (in white) on the Fendi Runway A/W 2000



And I wonder if the red leather outfit, shown in the same collection, was the inspiration for this costume:





And finally, who doesn't love a bejewelled bikini; do you think this was from her own range?




Apple and snake optional.



Ballet Bitch xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment