Tuesday 21 September 2010

Careful Daphers!

Steady there Daphers, (that's The Honourable Daphne Suzannah Diana Joan Guinness to you) a platform boot and a cobbled street can be a tricky combination; because, I'm not being funny girl, there's not that much of you and I fear you may snap rather than bounce.



 Ohh, but look, how sweet, some of the Hoi polloi are trying to help you.

And in case you need a medical brace I have tracked down these:




These are from Alexander McQueen's S/S 1999 collection; so I couldn't really have found anything more appropriate if you had taken a spill at the Cathedral yesterday. I also came across (from the same collection) something that would have been mighty handy for me for the past few weeks:


The designer hip brace with built in lace camisole and a one legged Pantaloni; perfect!

And whilst I've been digging around in the McQueen archive today (which on a serious note, makes me, as always, absolutely awestruck at his talent, vision and creativity) I thought I might also share the components of Bjork's 'Angel Outfit' that she sang in yesterday:




Wings from the S/S 1999 Collection and Feather Skirt from the S/S 2001 Collection.




I'm still disappointed that I can't see the silver helmet she was meant to be wearing, unless it's perched on the back of her head, however possible contenders include:





Silver Helmet Givenchy A/W R-T-W 1998/99 (during McQueen's reign) and Chain Mail from Alexander McQueen A/W R-T-W 2009/10

Although I can see that the Chain Mail could have proved vocally challenging.
  
Well I'm off to see Professor Schilders tomorrow, so watch this space to see whether I will be needing to invest in one of those leather hip braces!


Ballet Bitch xx


    



No comments:

Post a Comment