Thursday 2 September 2010

Ultimate Crutch Action

Easy Tiger! That's probably not as exciting as it sounds.

Earlier this year when the whole hip malarkey started; consultations, x-rays, MRI Scans (and just for the record it is a jolly jape having contrast matter injected into your hip joint with a horse syringe; although I have to say the radiographer was lovely and we had a nice chat about Ballroom dancing; his favourite dance was the Cha Cha Cha, which quite surprised me as I thought he looked more like a Foxtrot sort of chap), my dance teacher (Nigelinsky) was being very supportive, concerned and compasssionate about the impending surgery and one day, whilst rooting around in his bag, said "I've got a picture of what you'll look like after your operation".

Well I was expecting to see something inspirational like this:



There's me thinking that following my Hip Femoroacetabular Decompression and Labral repair (Ohhh, I love a bit of medical jargon) I would somehow magically have 180 degree leg extension, however the image he was brandishing was this:







Hmmm, hilarious..

This is from bODY_rEMIX by the Compagnie Marie Chouinard, if you would like to see them in action here's the link:

http://www.sadlerswells.com/show/Marie-Chouinard/gallery

Now I think those sort of moves would definitely impress my consultant at our next appointment!


Ballet Bitch xx

      

No comments:

Post a Comment