Sunday 23 January 2011

Let The Madness Begin!

A big thank you for all your fabulous suggestions, but please keep them rolling in.This is all starting to get completely out of hand and I LOVE IT!






















At the moment there is everything from serious 'Dance Documentaries' (Amargosa and Patricia Foy's 'Rudolf Nureyev') to The Two Ronnies 'Ballroom Formation' sketch; follow the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3MzFHWOntI

I've also received suggestions for:

'Music Videos' ; Kate Bush has been a popular choice; go on have a look at 'Wuthering Heights' on youtube, I guarantee it will make you smile.

'Dancer in a non-dancer role'; Alexander Godunov in 'Die Hard', 'Witness' and 'The Money Pit', Mikhail Baryshnikov in 'Sex and the City', Rudolf Nureyev in 'Valentino' (although he does dance a few tangos), Moira Shearer in 'Peeping Tom' and of course our very own Chris Gable in numerous productions.

Godunuv in 'Die Hard'
SJP and Misha in SATC
Carl Boehm and Moira Shearer in 'Peeping Tom

And perhaps my favourite suggestion:

'Could I have the bit in Oliver when he sings "Who will buy this wonderful morning..." and the whole street goes leg kicking crazy and shake market garden items at people in posh doorways and windows. Twistingtastic! It's how I would like to start my day everyday apart from Sundays(need a lye in after at that exertion).'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gzmoUHrQ4

Thank you the lovely Andrew Warburton, you always make me smile!




Anyway I will leave you with the late, great Christopher Gable a strong contender in the 'Guest Appearance on a TV Show by a Classically Trained Dancer' category. No Angela Rippon that doesn't include you.







Ballet Bitch xx


  

No comments:

Post a Comment